Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
CPA – CI/CD Administrator (00010382)
Organization: COMPTROLLER OF PUBLIC ACCOUNTS
Primary Location: Texas-Austin
Job: Computer and Mathematical
Employee Status: Regular
Schedule: Full-time Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Salary (Pay Basis): 8,500.00 – 10,000.00 (Monthly)
Number of Openings: 1
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: May 13, 2020, 9:53:53 AM
Closing Date: May 26, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/304/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en )
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor’s name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
- Oversees software change management administration and support to the agency’s Information Technology department. Oversee the work of project teams to ensure appropriate testing and integration of new or enhanced automation.
- Oversees the coordination of target dates with other team members, project managers, section managers, etc. Identifies, coordinates and directs changes to processes and procedures; such as, activities related to: on call responsibilities, deployments, migrations, review, etc.
- Directs the developmental processes and workflows to improve the way system changes occur in application environments.
- Oversees the work with customers and development teams to analyze areas of improvements in change management systems to decrease system instability due to incorrect code deployment. Coordinate and direct actions to resolve problem, document work, communicate status and recommend strategies to leadership for improvements to functional areas.
- Research and document processes, procedures, standards, guidelines, application inventory or configuration data. Perform special projects and initiatives or other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems.
Seven (7) years’ experience in the following areas:
- Serving as a team or project lead for IT development projects
- Integrating software systems across platforms
- Developing business specific workflow solutions based on technical requirements
- Performing customer service in an IT environment
- Software analysis
- Administration of Jenkins automation server, build pipelines and unit test integration
- Administration and implementation of Atlassian technical stack (i.e. Jira Confluence, BitBucket)
- Working knowledge of change management practices and procedures
- Understanding of change management technologies and their use in an enterprise environment.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Software Change Management methodologies
- Agile software development methodologies
- Trouble ticket tracking systems (i.e. Quality Center, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Project management concepts
- Time management in order to complete multiple assignments within designated deadlines with acceptable work quality.
- Monitoring tasks and reporting status of assignments.
- effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas (Communication)
- identifying, defining and solving problems (Problem Solving)
- Work independently on multiple complex assignments.
- Assist with special projects to include research, analysis and documentation.
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Use a personal computer running a Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office software and e-mail.
- Function well in fast-paced work environment and while working on multiple time-sensitive issues concurrently.
- Learn and conform to IT standards, policies and procedures.
- work with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
- adjust to changing workplace demands (Adaptability)
- meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (Customer Service)
- effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description (Technical Competence)
- be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work (Workload Management/Productivity)
In order to receive veteran’s preference a copy of your DD214, VA disability rating (if applicable) or a DD1300 must be attached to your application.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of (25B, 25D, 25N, 255A, 255S, CT, CTM, CTR, IT,181X, 182X, 681X, 682X, 781X, 782X, C4IT, ISM, 0171, 8848, 8858, 3D0X2, 3D0X4) pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Go to http://www.texasskillstowork.com, http://www.onetonline.org, or www.careeronestop.org for assistance translating your military experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications/requirements and skill sets.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be found at: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen.
Candidates may be asked to participate in a skills demonstration and/or presentation.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division.)
Complete copies of college transcripts must be furnished to the divisional hiring representative at the time of the interview for positions requiring a college degree, and/or specific educational credits.
Unless otherwise indicated on specific postings, regular attendance is an essential job requirement of all positions. Your application for employment with the Comptroller of Public Accounts may subject you to a criminal background check. All positions requiring a degree and/or licensing require proof of degree and/or license at time of interview. If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request. Only applicants scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Please call Human Resources at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Thank you for considering employment at the Comptroller of Public Accounts! The Comptroller’s office is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Posted: May 14, 2020