Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) is developing groundbreaking solutions to manage retirement & healthcare services as well as maximizing investment returns for the state’s public education employees. Succeeding in life is about commitment and hard work—maybe a favorite school teacher imparted that idea to you along the way. At TRS, we take that to heart and believe life can also be a balance between giving back while excelling professionally.
The Legal & Compliance Operations Coordinator performs highly advanced (senior-level) legal assistant and administrative work. Work involves coordinating legal activities and administrative operations of Legal & Compliance (L&C). Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
State Classification: Legal Assistant IV/3578/B21
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Maintains outside counsel engagement files, including all contracts and invoices, and processes outside counsel bills.
• Oversees invoicing process for outside counsel, including reviewing all invoices and ensuring compliance with outside counsel contracts, preparing invoice documentation and transmittals to the Attorney General’s office and general accounting, and monitoring payment status.
• Responds to requests for information from outside counsel, in-house counsel, and Attorney General.
• Organizes and maintains L&C files and filing system data.
• Drafts, edits, prepares, and proofreads legal correspondence and other documents; including contracts, legal briefs, and other related legal documents.
• Prepares synopses and summaries of complex legal issues.
• Conducts statistical, documentary, and investigatory research.
• Compiles data and prepares periodic reports on L&C departmental performance.
• Oversees and reconciles L&C expenditures and provide monthly financial and budget reports.
• Monitors and assists in preparing the department operating budget, including assisting in drafting initial budget, projecting future budget needs, and reviewing and processing budget and purchasing related documents.
• Supports management of L&C projects and strategic initiatives.
• Assists in developing, revising, implementing, and communicating L&C processes and procedures.
• Provides general office administrative support, including, but not limited to: answering and routing telephone callers, scheduling meetings and appointments, making travel arrangements, preparing travel and purchasing forms and documents, timekeeping, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, copying, and faxing.
• Maintains and updates subscriptions, memberships, and law library publications.
• Provides back-up assistance to other legal support staff and assists with special projects as assigned.
Performs related work as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
• High school diploma or equivalent and additional full time legal secretary, legal assistant, paralegal or related experience may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis.
• Four (4) years of experience providing administrative or executive support.
Posted: May 14, 2020