Employees Retirement System of Texas
|Monthly Salary:||$5,833.33 – $9,250.14||Job Posting Number:||1269|
|Salary Group:||B26 – B28||Opening Date:||06/21/2020|
|Class Number:||1132 – 1133||Closing Date:||Open Until Closed|
|Position Number:||2002, 2060||Number of Openings:||2|
The position is for a self-motivated risk management analyst with a strong technical background and quantitative aptitude that is part of a dedicated risk team in the investment division. In this role, the risk management analyst is expected to assist in the oversight of risk for the plan’s investments, expand the risk research capabilities of the team and help to design investment solutions as required. Work involves maintaining a high level of knowledge in the context of a multi-asset class portfolio regarding the identification of risk and portfolio return drivers, portfolio diversification and asset allocation. Work also involves making presentations to a number of constituents. Work is performed under the direction of the Supervisor of Risk and Applied Research with moderate to considerable latitude for self-initiative and the use of independent judgment in decision making.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to:
- Assists in the global oversight of risk (i.e.: market risk, investment risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, counterparty risk, etc.) on a multi asset class investment portfolio. This includes the identification of emerging risk and return drivers, measurement and reporting.
- Assists with making sure the plan and underlying portfolios are managed within applicable guidelines and risk constraints.
- Assists with the refinement and expansion of risk analytics and expands on existing risk infrastructure by developing new analytics, evaluating external risk tools for enhancement or a combination of both.
- Conducts stress tests, what-if scenario analysis and identifies potential vulnerabilities of the overall plan investments and underlying portfolios.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a tactical asset allocation model by evaluating a number of fundamental factor drivers and market conditions.
- Assist in the development of new quantitative methodologies to support the tactical asset allocation and portfolio management decisions.
- Communicates efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner through a variety of channels, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains documentation supporting investment recommendations and provides written and oral analysis as requested.
- Contributes on the assessment of risk of both liquid and non-liquid alternative investments.
- Manages priorities and focus time on most productive opportunities.
- Travels domestically and internationally for company visits, industry conferences, analyst visits and other functions to develop the knowledge, resources and contacts necessary for quality research and analysis of assigned geographic regions, economic sectors and companies.
- Assists with asset class leads to assure proper risk management across asset classes.
- Maintains documentation supporting investment recommendations.
- Prepares for all meetings and participates in team meetings with creative ideas and observations that can improve investment performance.
As IA IV you will perform the above duties in addition to:
- Conducts investment research and analysis; designs, implements and monitors applications and reporting systems for risk and asset allocation across all asset classes.
- Follows general economic, regulatory and political developments as well as public equity and debt markets globally.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university major course work in economics, computational finance, financial engineering, economics or a related field.
- Each level of the CFA/FRM program successfully completed may be substituted for six months of required work experience. Certificate in Computational Finance may substitute one year experience. A master’s degree in computational finance, financial engineering, and/or economics may substitute for three years of work experience.
- Three (3) – Four (4) years of experience (depending on classification level) in equity research, programming, use of statistical programs.
- Experience using Bloomberg, FactSet, eVestment, Excel, PowerPoint, R, Word, and/or other related software.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
4. Financial Risk Management (FRM) designation or current participation in the FRM program.
5. Certificate in Computational Finance or related.
6. Master’s degree in business, finance, economics or accounting.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor’s name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty (http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AccountingAuditingandFinance.pdf) along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Posted: June 21, 2020