Texas Historical Commission
Perform highly complex computer systems support work. Work involves providing customer support for National Museum of the Pacific War information technology systems, assisting with the deployment and support of new equipment and systems, including leading edge interactive exhibit technologies, and providing technical support and assistance to Museum and Texas Historical Commission (THC) employees on computer hardware, software, and network operating systems issues. Work under limited supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Coordinate and oversee contractors to support the development, installation, and maintenance of interpretive/interactive technologies in galleries.
- Coordinate and oversee the museum’s Managed Service Provider (MSP) to ensure the ongoing operations of the museum’s IT infrastructure.
- Administer the setting up of equipment for employee use and performing or ensuring installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Respond to and log support requests received.
- Assemble, upgrade, and deploy computers, and other equipment.
- Coordinate and perform system moves, adds and changes for telecommunications and IT equipment.
- Establish and ensure that appropriate security controls over software are maintained.
- Provide user support in the use of available hardware, software and utilities.
- Maintain and repair personal computers (PCs), printers, network and other hardware.
- Install and configure software, service packs and upgrades.
- Assist with hosting, configuring, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting workstations, network printers and network applications or services.
- Create and manage user and group accounts, distribution lists and other email related functions.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of automated routines to facilitate network and support administration.
- Maintain documentation and other records of system performance and operations related to support functions.
- Create and maintain documentation and other records related to computer, software, and network equipment inventory,
- Adhere to established work schedule with regular attendance.
- Follow all THC safety guidelines/procedures and ethics requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (The application must specifically state how each of the following qualifications are met):
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university (two years of relevant work experience related to the essential duties may substitute for one year of college);
- Minimum three years’ recent work experience in a system support environment to include working with Windows Operating Systems;
- Work experience setting up and installing software on computers and mobile devices;
- Work experience troubleshooting network connectivity problems from desktop, laptop, and mobile devices;
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and ability to drive a state vehicle; and
- Required to travel up to 20% of the work period.
- Work experience with antivirus software;
- Work experience utilizing asset management systems and helpdesk ticketing software.
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION, OR LICENSURE:
Must have or obtain a valid Driver’s License and Defensive Driving Course to be able to operate state vehicles.
ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL CONDITIONS: Normal office work environment and may have exposure to dust and environmental allergens consistent with normal business activities and human contact. Mostly sedentary in nature but may involve walking; standing; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; performing tasks requiring fine motor skills and coordination; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able work extended periods at a computer, and may require working extended hours and some evenings, weekends and overnight, as needed. Involves safely operating a state vehicle and driving for long distances and traveling by airplane.
REMARKS (Application procedures, Special requirements): State of Texas application must be submitted through the CAPPS website. Only applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. Resumes will NOT be accepted in place of a completed application.
For more information about this job, please visit https://www.thc.texas.gov/job-opportunities.Download Job Posting
Posted: July 21, 2021