Texas Department of Banking
Performs highly advanced purchasing and procurement work. Oversees the purchasing, contracting, supply, and property accounting activities of the Department. Serves as the agency HUB Coordinator. Oversees supply room, mail room, and facilities maintenance. Serves as the agency risk manager and safety officer. Works under the direction of the Director of Administrative Services with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs purchasing for the Department and the Finance Commission. Implements purchasing requests by following mandated state requisition procedures. Monitors the status of purchases and keeps requesting parties informed thereof. Reviews and reconciles purchasing activities under the procurement cards.
- Serves as the Department’s HUB Coordinator and assists the Department in achieving its goal of HUB procurements.
- Writes moderately complex specifications for invitations for bids and offers. Manages the bid process and prepares bid tabulations in accordance with State of Texas requirements.
- Negotiates and reviews contracts, contract renewals, amendments and plan changes. Recommends cancellation of contracts when unwarranted deviations occur. Monitors contract performance and billings.
- Oversees receipts of purchases. Ensures that items delivered are properly received, inspected, and forwarded to the requesting party. Rejects items that do not meet specifications. Submits complaint reports to the Texas Comptroller’s Office on questionable merchandise and problem vendors.
- Monitors the activities of the Inventory Coordinator including supply room accounting, supply levels, stocking supply closets and authorizing supply purchases, and receipt and distribution of mail and express deliveries.
- Oversees maintenance of the Finance Commission building and grounds including repairs, improvements, building security, fire safety/protection, and janitorial service. Secures and oversees contract services as needed.
- Coordinates Capitol Complex and Tex-An telephone service with the DIR to include Department of Banking headquarters and Department of Banking regional offices.
- Coordinates the leasing of office space for the Department’s regional offices with the Texas facilities Commission (TFC). Works with the regional directors on determining space requirements; develops and submits leased-space requirement forms to TFC; and serves as the Department’s point of contact on matters pertaining to leases, materials, supplies and services.
- Serves as the Department’s Property Manager. Establishes and maintains accountability records in the State Property Accounting system. Conducts the inventory of property and reconciles inventoried property to the general ledger. Ensures new property is tagged, recorded and transferred as appropriate.
- Disposes of salvage property following appropriate state disposal procedures. Reports missing and stolen property as required by the state. Requests deletions of property from SPA as appropriate. Prepares periodic accounting of property deleted from Department’s inventory.
- Responds to requests for information from other agencies and the Legislature.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and policies. Modifies existing methods and procedures to meet legislative changes and operating needs.
- Performs responsibilities as the agency’s Risk Manager and Safety Officer.
- Updates risk management and safety policies and procedures.
- Monitors safety of facility and meets with Additional Duty Safety Officers on a regular basis.
- Performs safety inspections and provides training on a regular basis.
- Ensures processing and submission of reports to the State Office of Risk Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the job requirements, education, and experience listed below. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. An official copy of college transcripts is required. All applications must have an original signature. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to:
Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX. 78705, or fax to (512) 475-1313, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via www.workintexas.com . Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on March 21, 2018. A State Application may be obtained from the website http://www.dob.texas.gov. or www.workintexas.com . The required documentation may be submitted separate from the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the required documentation is received by the closing date.
Download Job Posting
Posted: March 08, 2018