Texas Department of Banking
Performs advanced and/or supervisory (senior-level) computer programming work. Work involves overseeing the planning, scheduling, and assigning of programming projects; analyzing proposed computer applications; and providing technical programming assistance. May assign and/or supervise the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the coding, testing, and debugging of programs as outlined by a system’s technical and functional requirements.
- Oversees the preparation of test data.
- Oversees the development of diagrams and flowcharts used to represent operations and data flow for applications.
- Oversees the detailed analyses, designs, plans, diagrams, and verification procedures for existing and proposed computer applications.
- Coordinates the analysis of proposed computer applications in terms of equipment requirements and capabilities.
- Coordinates the analysis, review, and revision of programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt new procedures.
- Coordinates the research and the analysis required for project proposal, software and systems modifications, and new projects.
- Develops standards and procedures for programming staff.
- Develops and implements specialized programs to supplement and enhance systems software.
- Provides technical advice and assistance in matters related to programming activities.
- Assists in the generation or installation of systems software.
- May prepare instructions and procedures for use during implementation of software modifications, system modifications and/or new products.
- May assign and/or supervise the work of others.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Information Technology or related field. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- 5 years of experience writing web applications using .NET, MVC5, Entity Frame Work 6, and Bootstrap
Posted: March 28, 2018