Employees Retirement System of Texas
|Monthly Salary:||$5,768.16 – $6,562.50||Job Posting Number:||1174|
|Salary Group:||B25||Opening Date:||10/10/2018|
|Class Number:||1159||Closing Date:||Open Until Closed|
|Position Number:||6015||Number of Openings:||1|
To apply for positions at the Employees Retirement System of Texas, a State of Texas Application and ERS Qualifications Form are required. To access these forms and for more information on how to apply, visit our career page.
The Employees Retirement System (ERS) supports state employees who have dedicated their career to supporting Texas! The Budget Team in the Finance Division is seeking a Budget Analyst Supervisor with experience in state agency accounting to develop and assist in the planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating of the agency’s operating budgetary activities. The Budget Analyst Supervisor plans, assigns, and supervises the Budget Team while working under minimal supervisor of the Assistant Director of Finance, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, extremely detailed oriented, and has an overall positive attitude and demeanor.
ERS promotes a strong work-life balance while driving employee excellence through professional development, a collaborative working environment and a competitive benefits package.
- Oversees, develops and coordinates the agency’s annual operating budget in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Finance Monitors and analyzes budget for expenditures and encumbrances to provide Finance management with trend data and recommendations
- Supervises, assigns, and monitors the work of Budget Analysts; sets performance standards; conduct employee evaluations; trains or coordinate staff development; and counsel’s staff regarding work rule violations
- Determines methodologies and techniques for analyzing the operating budget
- Examines the operating budget for completeness, accuracy and conformance with policies, procedures and methods
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of the agency’s timekeeping system, Clarity, to assure accurate allocation of costs to the agency’s funds
- Informs Finance management of budget deviations, problems and events likely to impact operations
- Oversees the analysis of or analyze fiscal management information, determine appropriate use of funds, perform statistical analyses, develop budgetary reports and schedules, and develop and communicate solutions.
- Responds to operating budgetary inquires appropriately from internal sources
- Issues instructions on budget and funding policies, procedures, and methods.
- Develops and updates instructions on budget procedures and methods
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with co-workers and customers
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business, public administration, or a related field. Each year of related experience over the required may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Three (3) years of supervisory and/or team lead experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
3. Five (5) years of experience performing state agency accounting work.
4. Three (3) years of experience performing state agency budget preparation and analysis work.
5. Experience in implementation or assisting in developing databases and/or automated financials.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. This position may require work outside of normal business hours and weekends as needed. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes (http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AccountingAuditingandFinance.pdf) along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Posted: October 10, 2018