Texas Water Development Board
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, and flexible work hours so you can have a work/life balance! For more information about these benefits and more visit: http://www.twdb.texas.gov/jobs/benefits.asp
*Only candidates who apply via email to (HR “at” TWDB.texas.gov) with an official State of Texas Application or through the WorkInTexas.com website will be considered for this position. View this position and apply at https://bit.ly/3bxrx5Y
Job Description Summary
Performs highly complex (senior-level) contract development, management and monitoring work. Work involves developing and evaluating a broad range of contracts. May train others. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the Contracting and Purchasing Department.
Essential Job Functions
· Develops solicitations, contracts, and amendments by identifying provider resources, describing services to be rendered, evaluating information supplied by bidders, and negotiating contract specifications.
· Monitors contract performance by examining billings, fiscal data, and eligibility determinations for compliance with terms of contract and policies.
· Monitors legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to contracting.
· Evaluates expenditure data and makes projections to ensure appropriate use of funds.
· Serves as a liaison with contract providers to ensure participation is consistent with program, legal, and fiscal requirements.
· May assist in developing bid evaluation scoring instruments.
· May assist with contract reporting, deliverables acceptance and contract related records management.
· Provides guidance regarding contract administration, policies, and procedures.
· Complies with purchasing policies and regulations and insures agency and state procurement procedures are followed in all procurements.
· May monitor legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to contracting.
· Supports the coordination and facilitation of contracting related meetings such as kick-off meetings, post-award conferences, team briefings, and evaluation scorings.
· May recommend changes to solicitation and contract boilerplate documents and other contract-related documents.
· Assists with developing contract administration policies and procedures.
· May train others.
· Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
· Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agency’s records retention procedures and schedule.
· Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements of the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
· May be required to operate a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent.
· Experience in contract development, management, or evaluation work.
· Three or more years of experience in contract development and/or bid specification development.
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business administration or a related field. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
· Certification as Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of state and federal contracting regulations and procurement rules, of negotiating contracts, of developing contracts, of business administration and accounting principles and practices, and of policies and procedures of contract management.
· Skills in using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Access.
· Skills in use of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
· Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Ability to evaluate fiscal data for reasonableness, necessity, and conformity with contract requirements.
· Ability to train others.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects in a fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to take initiative to effectively monitor and manage workload.
· Ability to pay attention to details.
· Ability to effectively handle difficult situations and provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to adhere to work schedules, follow procedures with respect to leave and submit accurate timesheets by prescribed deadlines.
· Ability to make mature, objective decisions and identify areas of potential problems.
· Ability to perform effectively and willingly when changes occur in scope and nature of the work and work environment.
· Ability to perform routine and non-routine work assignments accurately and on-time with little or no supervision.
· Ability to perform assigned duties and improve work habits and/or output.
· Ability to complete assigned work, on time, neatly and with infrequent errors.
· Ability to provide prompt, courteous and accurate assistance and clear and concise communication to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work and cooperate with others in a team environment.
· Ability to stand/sit/move with no physical limitations or aids to perform activities such as retrieve/replace files in a large file system for boxes up to 30 lbs.
· Ability and willingness to travel 5% of the time, primarily within the State of Texas.
· Ability to operate a vehicle (state or personal) for state business and maintain a driver’s license and driving record that complies with state and agency requirements.
· Ability to work days that may exceed 8 hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends.
Please see complete job description at http://www.twdb.texas.gov/jobs/index.asp
Posted: February 13, 2020